Happy New Year’s Eve! It’s hard to believe that 2014 is coming to an end. It has been a crazy, challenging, amazing year. I started Brown is the New Pink (BNP) back in late April, and I love being able to look back on everything that’s happened this year. For my final post of 2014 I am reviewing all of the major events of the year. Cheers to 2015!
- Celebrated the New Year in Kentucky
- Took engagement pictures
- Started my last semester of graduate school
- Found our townhouse and signed the lease for me and Derek’s first home together
- Celebrated my 24th birthday
- Pole danced and celebrated with friends at my bachelorette party 🙂
March (Holy cow, March was crazy.)
- Gave a big presentation at my internship at the VA
- Interviewed for my first “real” full-time job
- Accepted my first “real” job offer!
- Spent Easter with Derek’s family (1st post on BNP!)
- Finished graduate school work
- Graduated with my Master’s of Social Work
- Started my first job!
- Derek took the USMLE Step 1 (HUGE test for medical students)
- Spent several weekends in Wilmington, NC while Derek was on his OBGYN rotation
- Passed the social work licensing exam
- Celebrated Derek’s 24th birthday
- Visited my family in Kentucky to celebrate my grandfather’s 90th birthday
- Spent a weekend in Chattanooga and saw my brother finish his 1st marathon
- Celebrated at Derek’s cousin’s wedding
- Celebrated at our friends’ wedding
- Spent Thanksgiving with Derek’s family in Wilkesboro
- Picked out and decorated our first Christmas tree together
- Hosted our Second Annual Tacky Sweater Party
- Spent Christmas and New Year’s in Kentucky
What. A. Year. Wishing you health and happiness in 2015!!