Can you believe it’s 2015?! As usual, it will take me until about March before I get used to writing “15” at the end of the date. If you read my year in review post, you know that it was a crazy year for me. Between getting married, graduating, and starting my first job last year, I decided that 2015 is a year for low-key goals. Without further ado, here are my goals for 2015:
1. Floss. I know, this one is just waaaaay too exciting. 😉 I’m terrible about flossing though, and I dream of the day when I’m not scolded at the dentist’s office. Is that sad or what?
2. Read more. I love watching my favorite TV shows, but sometimes I end up watching random stuff just because I’m bored. I also love to read, but the convenience of flipping on the TV often wins out. Instead of mindlessly watching shows, I want to pick up a book more often. I’m even considering following along with NPR’s book club the Morning Edition Reads. (I ❤ NPR.)
3. Run in a few fun races. After the let down of training for a half marathon last fall, I decided to focus on having fun with running shorter distances this year. The first race I’m looking at is a St. Patrick’s Day race that includes a Kilt Run and free beer after the race.
4. Clean for 20-30 minutes each day. I started doing this over the past couple weeks, and it makes a HUGE difference. The house looks better, and I spend less time cleaning on the weekend. It’s a win-win!
5. Be a supportive spouse. This is my most important goal for 2015. It’s going to be a BIG year for Derek. This summer he will decide what specialty he wants to pursue, and he’ll start applying for residency programs. He also takes his Step 2 exam and will travel for interviews in the fall. It will be a stressful, exciting time, and I know that I will need to be there for him more than ever. Derek was wonderful and supportive through my crazy 2014, and I’m glad that will be able to focus on supporting him more this year.